Sportbox Media is looking for a Content Assistant on a three month paid internship, with the view to a full-time role within the company.
Sportbox Media & Marketing is a digital sport agency, providing services such as web design/development, social media management, content production and PR to sports clubs and organisations.
We also have our own sports network of websites, including www.loverugbyleague.com and www.britishicehockey.co.uk
The job will include working on our sports network of sites, working on client accounts and providing general content assistance.
- Writing news articles for our sports network of websites
- Managing social media channels
- Creating and distributing e-mail newsletters
- Building relationships with clubs and external contacts
- Website management through our CMS (content management systems)
You will work closely with the Managing Director, who currently works on all of the above tasks and is looking to free up time to devote to the further development of the business.
This role would be ideal for anyone aspiring to be a sports journalist, or looking to forge a successful career in the sports industry.
- Excellent writing skills
- Interest/knowledge of sport (particularly rugby league)
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Flawless spelling and grammar
- Journalistic background
- Social media knowledge
Salary: £1,000 per month
Working hours: 35 hours per week, some weekend work may be required
Candidates should email a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Content Assistant Internship”.
A selection of candidates will be invited to an interview at our offices.
Closing date for applications is Monday March 25th, with interviews to take place on March 26th/27th/28th.
This vacancy is only available to University of Chester students or graduates.