There will be a new home for rugby league fans next month with the launch of your ultimate site for the greatest game, LoveRugbyLeague.com.
Packed with news, features, stats, gossip and much more, Love Rugby League will also implement a host of ideas suggested by you, the fans, in a recent marketing survey.
The site aims to provide the most comprehensive rugby league coverage on the web, not only from Super League and the NRL, but from the Championships, RL Conference and grass roots levels.
Love Rugby League will take the place of Last Tackle, established in 2005, which has supplied the rugby league community with news on a voluntary basis during that time. This announcement effectively confirms our switch to professionalism, with full-time staff and a number of part-time journalists working on providing you with the number one site for all things rugby league.
Owner James Gordon said: “Since 2005, our love of rugby league has been portrayed through the successful Last Tackle brand, run in the spare time of myself and many others. We have decided to show our commitment to rugby league by making the move to go full time with the site, and a re-brand to Love Rugby League will help us achieve the aims and objectives we have set out to achieve.
“We want to become the go to place for rugby league fans, and that is why we have opened up our development process for next season by asking fans exactly what they want to see. We will continue to devote time to develop our site to implement as many of these great ideas as possible.
“Going full time will enable us to build many more great links with clubs and other rugby league organisations and sponsors, and will help us enhance and improve our all-round coverage.
“With the support of the fans, we can become the ultimate go-to place for rugby league on the web.”
– Our grass roots coverage aims to help the development of all community clubs, increase their exposure and also provide them with the services they need to help the spread of our game, together with a team of the week feature which will see us profile a community club, in depth, each week (If you are interested in being our Amateur/Community team of the week, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
– The weekend coverage of the professional game will be greater improved, with an enhanced live scores service which will enable you to get involved via text, email and Twitter.
– We will be launching a rugby league shop with loads of great Love Rugby League branded merchandise, some great gifts for Christmas!
– A new, engaging, social brand with a raft of member features, including an interactive forum, Fantasy League, Tipping League, Facebook connect and more
– Enhanced content from a team of quality writers, including player and ex-player columnists!
– An excellent resource for all professional stats, player profiles, club histories and ground guides.
– And much more!
Spread the word by joining our Facebook (www.facebook.com/loverugbyleague) and Twitter pages (www.twitter.com/loverugbyleague)
If you have any ideas, or would like to get involved in the testing process ahead of the site launch, email us at email@example.com